What is Network in Computer System ?: Two computers connected with each other is called as Network. You have various Networks.
What is LAN Network?
- It establishes connection between two or more local machines within local area.
- It connects c0mputers, devices with in limited area.
Example: College computer Lab, offices.
In LAN one computer becomes server others are clients
- Work stations
- File servers
- Gateway: Communication with particular PC
- Network interfacing unit at allow/disallow
- Communication channels/ LAN cables
- Example one printer can be connected to 20 computers
- File transfer
- Personal computing: between two commuters
- document sharing
Example: Ethernet, WIFI
What is MAN network with example?
MAN : Metropolitan area network
It convers multiple cities, towns
Range: 5-50 KM
Example: Cable TV
What is WAN network with example?
WAN: Wide area network
It covers countries, continents
Virtually or physically, computer has global connection
Through telephone lines and satellite
Example : Internet
Range: 10,00000 KM
Lets see what is computer network and its types in summary:
|Full Form||Local area network||Metropolitan Area Network||Wide Area network|
|Covers||Limited area||Cities, Towns||Countries, Continents|
|Range||10-1000m||5-50 KM||10,0000 KM|
|Example||Offices, Computer LAB||Cable TV Network||Internet|
Learn more about Cyber Security for better career ahead. Hope you got information about What is Network in Computer System ?.