What is Ethical Hacking in Cyber Security ? Let us first see what is hacking
Hacking : It is an act to attack computer system or network
It involves misuse of computers, networks, smart devices to steal information and cause damage. There is unauthorized access into network, computer system.
Hacking term first seen in 1970s
Attacker =Motive + Method + Vulnerability
What Hackers do?
- Sell your information
- Damage to important data
- Deletion of data
- Sensitive information acquisition
- Threatening to share personal data in Public
- Shopping on your behalf after getting credit, debit card info.
SOC Team is called as Blue Team
VAPT team is called as Red Team
How attacks Happens?
- Configuration mistakes
- Due to old software’s
- Human error (internal threat)
What is Ethical Hacking?
- It is practice of detecting loop holes ( Vulnerability : weakness ) in systems or applications
- Identifying security breaches
- Finding Threats in a network
They are authorize to enter into the network to find vulnerabilities. It is legal activity.
Uses of Ethical Hacking:
- Organization hire professional ethical hackers to protect their crucial data.
- They carry investigation in order to find weak points that can be use by bad hackers to attack the system or network.
What are the related certification?
You can do CEH (Certified ethical hacker) certification.
Is it a Good Career?
They are many career opportunities. Start learning today.
There are 3 types of Hackers
- Black Hat
- White Hat
- Grey Hat Hackers
Black Hat Hackers :
- These are bad guys
- Always try to attack system taking un authorized access
- They try to steal information.
- Hack banks, personal information, compromise
White Hat Hackers:
- These are good guys a
- Also called as Ethical Hackers
- They defense your IT assets
- Protect organization from different types of attacks.
- Authorized to hack the system to check for any vulnerabilities.
- You can say they got permission to attack the system.
Grey Hat Hackers:
- Intention of such people is not clear.
- There motive is not clear.
- They may steal information or protect it.
- They may raise awareness
Comments on this topic What is Ethical Hacking in Cyber Security ? are welcome
To know more about Cyber Security Check Here