Next generation firewall in short called s NGFW. It is designed to address advance security threats.
Next Generation Firewall Features:
- Ability to control as well block traffic at application level.
- Can be integrated with IPS and IDS.
- Can handle sensitive data.
Who invented this?
Created by Palo Alto
In which year Next Generation firewall created ?
Is it Layer 7?
What is difference between firewall and next generation firewall?
Traditional firewalls does not have ability of threat intelligence they simply work according to rules set.
- Filters based on ports.
It understands only IP address.
It cant block applications
Whereas NGFW time to time learns and update their database for threats. It got stronger threat intelligence.
- It can filters packet based on applications.
- It can block malware from entering your network
- It can understands about URLS also, means you can also block particular URL.
- It can block applications.
- You can integrate for other features such as Antivirus, URL to IP mapping by using UTM (Unified threat management )
What are the main features or next generation firewall benefits?
- Application Control
- Threat Prevention
- Advanced Malware Protection
- Threat Mitigation
- Policy Management
- Blocks Application layer attacks
- It does deep packet analysis
- High Performance
Hope receive information about What is Next Generation firewall. Stay tuned for more updates.
For more Cyber Security topics check here: